REFLECTOR: Fuel Cap

David Scharfenberg dave at winco.net
Fri Sep 15 23:35:17 CDT 2006

I ran 1/16" SS cable from a fuel baffle to the cap.  The cable is
nicopressed around a round (looks like a small pulley) cable thimble.
The adjusting bolt on the fuel caps goes through the thimble, secured
by a lock nut.  I actually have fuel caps from the Glasair accessory
catalog, they're really nice.  The other end of the cable is bolted to
a fuel baffle.  A piece of uninsulated wire (copper braid) runs from
there to the fuel sender, where I used one of the sensor mounting bolts
to pass through to a wire on the outside of the tank, which goes to
ground.

Dave Scharfenberg