REFLECTOR: Carbon Wraps and Nose Gear Mounts + ?

gpoole gpoole at zeta.org.au
Fri Sep 15 17:18:46 CDT 2006

Mornin All!

I have a container leaving Delaware in the next few weeks and thought it a
good idea to catch up on improvements/upgrades for my STD RG Elite which
left the factory very late in ’98. Have agreed to purchase Dale Alexander’s
IO-360 with Catto, engine mount and engine install kit but have not made my
mind up about whether to go overhead naca or updraft cooling… cooling that
works and minimising drag are obviously prime objectives.

Any thoughts from the assembled collective of those currently flying…as the
best way to go in these areas?

I’m contemplating the new stronger nose gear attach points and wrapping my
main gear with the carbon bid (haven’t used the supplied uni as yet). Assume
all would agree these are worthwhile? Is there anything else that has
changed that is worthwhile that should be included guys?

Spring has sprung DownUnder!!

Greg in Sydney.

Ph: 02 9899 2737    Mob: 0414 273199
Fax: 02 9899 2737