REFLECTOR: Fuel Cap

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Fri Sep 15 08:29:03 CDT 2006

I also got a brass chain from Lowes and attached it my cap, but made it long enough to drape down into the fuel, and then connected it to a flush head screw next the fill hole, and also grounded that screw to the aircraft ground.  It's probably overkill, but the thought is that I can touch the fueling nozzle to the screw to ground it before opening the cap, and that the cap shouldn't depart the aircraft (I also mounted mine outside the prop arch per the new-er plans).

Brett