REFLECTOR: Fuel Cap

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Fri Sep 15 07:23:47 CDT 2006

It's a little late for the one's flying but on mine, the problem was
solved by putting the gas caps outboard on the strake such that the cap
is outside the rotation disk of the prop.  If a cap comes off, it won't
prove it.

As one last bit of protection, when I'm fueling, I always set the cap on
the wing outboard of the fill port, so if I forget to put it back on,
it'll not reconfigure the prop.  So far, I've never come close to
forgetting, but hey, who knows...there's always potential for a senior
moment..

Thanks,
Chuck Jensen