REFLECTOR: NACA scoop

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Mon Sep 11 19:36:54 CDT 2006

Hi Andy,

Why did you decide to make your own instead of the factory one?
Currently, the oil cooler
inlet on the belly is a NACA scoop.  So, I suppose it would be better
for me to locate
one for cabin cooling on the side, eh?  Since I'm an owner and not a
builder, I'm looking
for ideas...how to orient the scoop to work best, how large to make the
scoop, what kind
of saw to cut the scoop with, whether VGs ahead of the scoop would be
beneficial, etc.

--
Dave Philipsen
STDFG