REFLECTOR: Engine Build Date for my Velo

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Mon Sep 11 17:39:50 CDT 2006

Richard,
The XP-400 engine <> MTV-12 propeller will be the first marriage of these two products.  TEC is right in questioning if the MTV-12 is going to work without problems.  Since you are located in Florida, I suggest it would be a good idea to coordinate a vibration analysis with MT-USA (on your aircraft after it is flying).  The MTV-12 with (b) model blades are designed to work with engines without counterbalanced crankshafts.  If your propeller is not have (b) model blades and if the XP-400 does not have a counterweighted crankshaft - there may be issues.  Only a vibration analysis will tell.
SB