REFLECTOR: NACA scoop

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Sun Sep 10 22:51:16 CDT 2006

I've got about 12-15 hours now on my newly acquired STD FG and one
problem I'm noticing is that I don't have very good ventilation in the
cabin.  The guy who built it used a 1-1/2 inch hose collecting air
coming into the oil cooler chamber.  Even on 75-80 degree days it gets
pretty stuffy in there.  It seems like I've seen some builders use a
NACA scoop on the side near the front.  Is that normally used for
ventilation?  If so, how big of a scoop would I want to use?  Any
suggestions/ideas?

--
Dave Philipsen
STDFG