REFLECTOR: Franklin

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:47:04 CDT 2006

Hiroo,

Here's how I did it.  I made my primer injectors form two AN822-2D elbows
that are screwed into the bottom center primer port on each manifold.  The
original Franklin primer manifold injects fuel at three points in each
manifold. The threads on the manifold plug are straight and not pipe.  You
can convert them to pipe by running a pipe tap in a few turns because the
thread pitch and diameter are a match.  I made a spray nozzle by tapping the
inside of the AN822-2D for a short brass screw and drilling it lengthwise
with a #60 drill.  I used #2 Permatex on the threads so it couldn't vibrate
loose.  You need to tee into your fuel system on the pressure side of your
electric fuel pump.  This goes to a solenoid valve which is in turn plumbed
to the injectors.  You will need wire and a push button switch to operate
the solenoid valve.