REFLECTOR: ALan Shaw Wing Problem-resolved

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 17:32:25 CDT 2006

Well folks, it helps to talk to the source. I called Alan today (after the
e-mail).

It turns out that with the later sets of wings, Alan recognized that the
rudder conduits and the void he was moulding in in that area, were being
filled in with spillage during the vacuum process.  He therefore   wrapped
the conduit end with duct tape and filled the void with blue foam surrounded
by duct tape.  This somehow did not make the plans! After he explained this,
I found the tape (which I had noticed and was confused about before) and
pulled/cut away and I bet no one (if anyone cares) can guess what I found, I
cavity about 8x6" for the rudder horn, with the conduit end deep in the
wing!

Larry Epstein