REFLECTOR: Aileron Rigging

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Mon Oct 23 07:11:01 CDT 2006

When flying and wings are leveled ... is the stick centered?

If centered on the ground with ailerons matching ... and centered in the
air with one aileron higher ... there may be excessive slack in the
routing of the aileron cable causing it to flex under pressure giving
one side extra length.

If not centered in the air ... it is simply a matter of a heavy wing.

Washers at the upper or lower attached points can trim out any
"heaviness" and level wings.  In your case, you'd want to trim your
right (heavy) wing up and/or your left wind down.

Tom