REFLECTOR: OT Plane hits an apartment building in NYC

Dave Black dvblack at comcast.net
Sat Oct 14 03:57:30 CDT 2006

Richard,

> Now we know how badly the press screw up news stories about a subject we
> fully understand, does it not make you wonder how badly they screw up
> stories about subjects we do not have the depth of understanding as we
> do with aviation? My favorite saying is, "The Press newer let the truth
> get in the way of a good story." ;-)

I worked in TV News for 35 years. Your assessment is absolutely correct.
  On EVERY story I've ever had personal knowledge of, the media (both
broadcast and print) has screwed it up -- or at least distorted it. I
now view ALL news reports with this in mind. And in the case of
"Breaking news" -- I always tag the story with "We think something
happened, but we really don't know what. But don't worry, that will not
stop us from speculating endlessly."

Dave Black