REFLECTOR: Plane hits an apartment building in NYC

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Oct 11 19:04:54 CDT 2006

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Plane hits an apartment building in NYC

Definitely not good PR for the GA community.  This made it on the 'front

page' of USA Today online and is probably on the networks too.  I just

hope people will understand how non-threatening a small plane really is.

IIRC; about 110 people are killed every day in this country in auto
accidents; and nobody notices.  Two people get killed in a small plane crash
maybe every few weeks, and it's headline news for hours, and everybody in
the country is talking about it.

I was in the dentist chair today when they heard the news.  It was the buzz
of the office, and the dentist and assistant were agreeing that "those
planes should not be allowed to fly over a city, there is just no reason for
it".  Unfortunately, at the time I had to keep my mouth shut while the
'epoxy' was curing on a new crown. When I commented later on their lack of
perspective they looked at me like I was a bit weird.

Al