REFLECTOR: barn door speed brake

Craig and/or Denise Woolston cdwoolston at verizon.net
Tue Oct 10 07:42:21 CDT 2006

>if there are XL-5's with speed brakes flying? The reason I ask is that with
>the cut-down keel in an XL-5 it seems like the keel isn't as stiff as the
>normal keel and with the speed brake being cut into the bottom of the
>fuselage in a nearby location that there could be concern about the
>fuselage >flexing during landing

Not sure if we did any good, but we put another layer of triax on the floor
and bolted the keel to the floor with angled Al as described in the ealier
manuals.  We did it mostly because when you stepped on the floor it would
flex and we thought that the passengers would not get a "good" sense from
that.

Craig
XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA