REFLECTOR: Canard incidence

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 18:40:10 CDT 2006

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Baker
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 7:02 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard incidence

What Al is describing is the top shape of the canard fastbuild wing as
it was made by Wingco (Alan Shaw).  Wingco added greater camber to the
canard, so much so that the standard canard incidence jig would not fit
the shape of the wing (the jig at that time was in the shape of the
upper airfoil).  To get the incidence jig to work, builders needed to
add a "popcycle stick" or tongue stick to both the forward and rearward
point where the jig contacted the wing.  This raised the jig enough to
allow it to measure incidence, but not pivot or 'rock' on the apex of
the canard upper airfoil.  If I'm not making sense, its because I just
had some great wine with lasagna tonight.  The canard incidence has
always been the same.  The popcycle stick thing was only used on Wingco
canards and only to get the jig to sit above the apex of the higher
camber put into the canard by Wingco.
SB