REFLECTOR: barn door speed brake

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Mon Oct 9 07:53:48 CDT 2006

I would think that unpressurized, you climb as fast as you want but you
come down on average, at 500fpm. Much more then that and you start
hurting the Pax ears. Most of the time I will start screaming for lower
a couple minutes before I end up at the 2 minutes from destination for
every 1,000ft I am AGL.

Since I have yet to fly a Velo, anyone know in an SE RG what speed
indicated you hit when you keep cruise power (65%) and a 500fpm descent
rate?

Richard

P.S. Scott, I never thought about the fact, wing speed breaks also
destroy lift, not an option.