REFLECTOR: Canard incidence

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Oct 8 09:38:55 CDT 2006

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Canard incidence

HI AL

The factory advised us to use two mixing sticks under the wingco canard gage
on our XL.

Mack

Hi, Mack;

Can you tell me more specifically where/how you placed the sticks.  It will
give me a better idea of how much of a change may be necessary. Two sticks
is about 1/8".  And where did you place the gauge?  With the varying camber
from center to tip, there is only one place where the gauge fits the
coutour.  On mine it was about 2' in from the outboard end.

When I was installing the canard some years ago, I spoke with both Alan and
Mark Machado at Velocity, and neither suggested anything different about the
use of the incidence gauge.

Thanks,

Al