REFLECTOR: Phenolic Pad option

Chuck Harbert c.harbert at comcast.net
Fri Oct 6 02:00:05 CDT 2006

Kent, I used a piece of thin Formica to insulate the metal brake assembly
from the gear leg. It is about 1/16" thick (.060") and it is big enough to
also prevent radiant or convective heat transfer into the leg. It is drilled
to fit between the axle and gear leg. It showed no signs of distress when I
recently replaced a rotor. It doesn't tranfer heat like metals do.

Chuck H
Std RG