REFLECTOR: SprayLat & Masking Tape

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Oct 5 16:20:10 CDT 2006

Spraylat is the best!! I used it and it peeled right off in one big
piece after sitting on my windows for a year.  I brushed on 3 coats,
wise advice from this forum.  Also for those getting ready to use it,
before application clean the window really good with something that
leaves a slick residue(Dri-Wash, furniture polish , ect..)

I use a heat gun to remove old masking tape. You have to be careful but
it comes off so nice after you've heated it up to 140-160 degrees..  Get
a plastic putty knife to scrape with, heat a 6-8 inch section by going
back and forth over the taped section, touching it with a finger every
now and then to insure your not over heating it.  When its "very warm to
mildly hot",  scrape, move down 6 -8 inches and repeat.

After done use alcohol to clean up residue, wipes to a sparkly shine.

Scott