REFLECTOR: SprayLat & Masking Tape

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 5 08:49:09 CDT 2006

Congratulations Dave - sounds like you are getting close to flying!!!!

If the Spraylat is thick, try applying towels/cloths with warm water and
letting it sit for an hour or so.

If you are having difficulty because it is thin, then apply more Spraylat
which will soften the old as well as making the film thicker which aids
removal.

GooGone seemed to work pretty good on tape residue but there may be other
solutions - I don't recall having much problem with the tapes (well,
compared to my too thinly applied Spraylat).

For those of you who have yet to use Spraylat - it is great stuff, often
used by the makers of windshields, but it MUST be applied thickly - the
thicker the better!!!! (I also applied some Plexiglas polish before
installing the Spraylat thickly - worked great!!!)  The first time I used
Spraylat, cleaned the glass with Windex (a big no--no) and put the Spraylat
on too thinly - trying to save some for later use (a even bigger NO NO!!!).

Ronnie