REFLECTOR: painting fuselage

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue Oct 3 16:47:32 CDT 2006

Terry,

I did the tack coat bottom upand just didn't like how I ended up
overspraying the top of the strakes when I painted the top of the
fuselage. So I painted the cover coat top to bottom.

top rear,
top right front cover to nose
top left front
top left strake, go over leading edge to about 6inches under
top right strake, continue over edge to cover right bottom strake
bottom left strake
left side to half way under fusalage whole lenght
right side to meet wet edge running down middle of fuselage bottom

You can't have to many lights, I had 4 halogens, two were doubles on
stands.  I was moving them all the time, more would have been easier.

Practice on the wings first.  I have to repaint one wing... I still ended
up with a few runs, hopefully I can pull a few trcks to hide them..

Scott