REFLECTOR: Higher RPMS

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 29 18:51:16 CST 2006

My exit is about 14 inches long and more streamlined than the factory
giving me a tunnel to place a 4 x 4 x 6 inch block of soft foam in the
tunnel.  I did that to assure a vacuum to improve exit flow and increase
cooling of the oil.  It turns our that the 1" larger NACA's on top work
fine for cooling with minimal oil cooling needed.  I have one 4 inch
exit with a 1/2 inch scoop mounted in the floor of my pilot side NACA
and then the nose cooler.  My rear cooler is closed off with soft foam
completely and the nose 3/4ths closed and I still get only 178 degrees
oil temp.
Rene'
See pic FYI