REFLECTOR: Nose gear tube boot

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sat Nov 25 18:25:34 CST 2006

A year ago, or so, there was a discussion on the Reflector about a
couple people that had made boots that fit over the nose gear tube and
fastens to the canard bulkhead and underlying areas.  The purpose was to
provide a seal against air intrusions from the nose area of RGs.  This
is a chronic air infiltration area with cold air passing up through the
nose gear tube opening and into the keel, where it likes to come into
the cabin in the top of the keel where it is difficult to seal because
the elevator actuating rod passing through that area.

I searched through my archives but didn't find the postings in the area
where I would normally squirrel them away.  Anybody try this trick or
know anyone that did...successfully?

Chuck Jensen