REFLECTOR: Heavy Ailerons

cgputney at peoplepc.com cgputney at peoplepc.com
Thu Nov 23 18:25:36 CST 2006

Help!   First flights reveal a very fast A/C however, the ailerons seem much heavier than I remember from the factory checkout.
     I have a 173 RG with vg's and vortilons.   The push-pull cable ends have been aligned and, indeed non-flying forces are low.
    But the air loads take all the fun out of maneuvering.
    Is reflexing the ailerons an option?   Anybody have any ideas?
    I did move the push-pull cable ends radially inboard 3/16" on the aileron crank arms to achieve full controll deflection(2-1/2" down and 2-1/4" up, and I know this raises the forces a bit, but, it just seems too much.   Steve Murphree thinks the forces are a bit high, but not a problem.   Is it just me?   Must I start weight training?
Gordon Putney