REFLECTOR: Original Higher RPMS question

Tom Martino tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Tue Nov 21 16:44:18 CST 2006

I'll never forget the timed that a Lycoming IO-540 ... read 3000 RPMs
for literally 10 to 15 seconds.  Then the pilot quickly pulled back the
prop governor.  When he landed ... one of our passengers (a pilot as
well) ... insisted that the entire engine be torn down and inspected.
The pilot spent thousands of dollars for NOTHING.