REFLECTOR: FW: Higher RPMS

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 20 17:36:28 CST 2006

Attached pic of NACAs

Rene'

-----Original Message-----
From: Rene Dugas [mailto:dugasd at bellsouth.net]
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 5:32 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: RE: REFLECTOR: Higher RPMS

Thanks Scott,

In the summer I run 182 to 188 with highest ever of 212 climbing
directly to 12 thousand feet in July in Louisiana.  During the winter it
is more difficult.  On climb out and for the first 15 minutes I usually
get up to 180 then in cruise at altitude I get 165 degrees.  I have two
oil coolers and have had the rear one taped completely off since Sept
first .  Today was our first day of frost so I will tape off the front
one 4/5ths and place a block of foam in the out let to force all the air
that moves into the interior.  Last year the best I could do was 180 in
cruise even with both coolers taped off completely.  This also gives me
less heat to work with for interior warmth so I use electric blankets-
12 volt.

NACA pic attached.

Rene'