REFLECTOR: Prop

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 20 08:58:21 CST 2006

Lycoming IO-540 TT 390 hrs 260 hp D4A5.

Sorry.  That would make a difference.

Rene'

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Monday, November 20, 2006 8:44 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Prop

What engine Rene?

Scott

Rene Dugas wrote:

Mounted and flew AeroComposite prop 2.5 hrs of 5 hr fly off this
weekend.  Gained 300 fmp climb at 25 squared and 8 knts in 23/23 cruise
from 172 knts indicated to 180 knots IAS without the spinner on.
Workmanship is beautiful but mounting hardware for spinner is now over a
week late in delivery.  It was left out of the shipping container with
the spinner.   Prop was two months later than promised but it does look
and work very well.

Question:  The AeroComposite has a rpm limit of 3000 and an overspeed
limit of about 4000.  I was thinking of increasing my engine rpms up
from the 2700 of the MT to 2800 or even 3000.  That is still very low
rpms and should get better climb out on take off.  Thoughts?

Rene'

  _____

--

-
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much

    Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276