REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot

Doug doug at customstudio.com
Sat Nov 18 12:56:24 CST 2006

Craig, if you contact me on doug at customstudio.com I can relate my experience with the BM auto pilot so far.

Doug Kanczuzewski

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Craig and Denise Woolston
Sent: Fri 11/10/2006 7:57 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot

Anyone out there with Blue Mountain Avionics Autopilot experience?  I tried engaging for the first time today and the servos came to life as soon as I applied power to the controller, which is in direct conflict with the book.  It says it shouldn't do anything until you "engage" it.  When I do try "engaging" it, the servos just jump around, and the display flashes "DISENGAGE".  I have a EFIS LIte with 2.23 software.  This was all on the ground, although it does the same thing in flight also.  Any suggestions?

Craig

XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA