REFLECTOR: Jack Stands

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sat Nov 18 06:08:14 CST 2006

Fred,
Thanks for the leads.  It looks like a combination of the tripods with a
screw jack attached might be a good approach.  With the twist type of
lifting arrangement on the regular boat stands, it'd take a lot of
twisting for the amount of vertical travel required to unload the gear
of the RG.

The tripods look pretty simple.  I could buy a set or maybe have the
fellows in the shop gin me up some....they only costs twice if you make
them yourself (more if you pay yourself more than minimum wage!).  In
the long run, I find I can't afford to save myself too much money by
making things myself instead of buying them.

Chuck Jensen
Do Not Archive