REFLECTOR: Franklin Mag

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 16 17:36:52 CST 2006

John,

The ultimate answer to all your questions are contained in the Unison F-1100
Master service manual which they will be happy to ship to you for only
$75.00 US www.unisonindustries.com .

Having already removed the mag you have made putting it back on more
difficult.  My procedure is to bring #1 cylinder up on compression, then the
impulse clicks, move the prop backward past TDC, then forward again to TDC.
Then remove the mag.  My past experience is with Bendix mags and I haven't
disassembled my Slicks yet.  Those locking devices make life a little easier
but are not essential.  I have had the mags off the Franklin and back on
just being careful not to move the prop or the gear on the mag.    You will
still need a mag timing device to set and synchronize the mags.

Larry Coen
N136LC
50 plus hours of fun