REFLECTOR: Century 2000 Autopilot

Sandy & Spike Duncan sduncanjr at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 19:05:45 CST 2006

I am having a problem with my Century 2000 Autopilot with Trim Prompter in my XLRG.  Other connected equipment includes Century HSI NSD360A, UPS Apollo/Garmin SL30 and Apollo ACU.

  The Century factory cannot find anything wrong in the Controller.

  The problem is shooting a coupled ILS approach.  The coupler on the GS captures GS signal but will not stay on course.  Sometimes it deviates low and sometimes high.

  All other modes of the autopilot are good. LOC track, ALT Hold, Pitch Modifier switches up/down all are good.  All wiring has been checked correct with both Garmin and Century schematic diagrams.

  Does anyone have this installation and does it work OK?

  Do you have any suggestions on what the problem might be?

  Spike Duncan
  XL-RG
  IO-540 300 hp
  Almost 100 hours