REFLECTOR: WTB: Transponder, KT-76A - Anyone selling, recommendations

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Nov 9 19:45:25 CST 2006

I bought a nice KT-76A on e-bay a couple of years ago for about $700.  It
was complete with install kit, and works fine.

Al

Folks,

seems like I need to get a replacement KT-76A, would anyone have one
laying around collecting dust that is for sale?

The local avionics shop sent mine to Bendix/King for repair and it will
be $1,200 to fix the problem, ugh, of course they will waive the $250
diagnostic charge if I purchase a new one.

A new one is about $1,500, reconditioned units are running about $950 at
Eastern and Gulf-Coast. There's a handful on ebay, does anyone have
success stories on buying used avionics on ebay?

Thanks for helping.

Gary