REFLECTOR: Ready to fly

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Wed Nov 8 17:29:32 CST 2006

Yep, I'm here.  Our newest demo aircraft has (4) GRT screens and (2) AHR
systems.
I am looking forward to getting to know this equipment.  I've notices some
(+) and (-) features/performance.
The folks at GRT came to the aircraft during OSH and offered to install the
latest software, which they did to one of the units.  Bad decision.
Pre-programmed displays/layout are gone.  Word of advise to all non-TSO EFIS
owners (makes not difference what brand) ... do not accept any software
"updates" unless you plan to a) have a tech rep nearby to fix glitches and
b) be grounded until everything gets fixed.
SB