REFLECTOR: Wilhelmson electric nose lift

Douglas Holub doug.holub at comcast.net
Wed Nov 8 15:00:21 CST 2006

Here's a few pictures of the electric nose lift installed in my top-door FG in case anybody's curious. With 125 lbs on the nose wheel, the nose is as high as it was when the stock Velocity nose gear was installed. Jack put a 2800 lb spring in the mechanism instead of the standard 1800 lb spring because the Velocity has more weight on the nose gear than a Cozy Mark IV does.

Thanks to Chris Barber again for instigating the Symposium last spring. It motivated me to get my butt in gear and make some progress on my plane this year.

Douglas Holub
1988 top-door FG w/ electric nose lift, 70% done, 70% to go