REFLECTOR: Door hinges

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 11:32:23 CST 2006

MessageOn an XLRG the hinge pockets are a pre-made indention in the cockpit roof. There isn't any foam between the roof and the top of the fuselage. If you follow the manual you also have laid two layers of triax over these pockets when you do the lay-ups to form the 5/8 lip around the door. What I found was that I had to remove these two new layers at each hinge location, to get my hinge to the correct height, so that the door would open.

Andy