REFLECTOR: Insurance - OUCH!

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue May 16 21:18:47 CDT 2006

I only have liability and non-motion. I think +3% for in-motion is a
rip-off but I realize those who finance their plane don't have an
option. But if you have enough money to buy a $200K airplane, a $5k
insurance bill is probably not that big of a deal anyway.

My liability for 4 place Velocity, 1 Million, is $600. Quite a bit less
than Kevin's $1000-$1200.

I think high deductible is a great deal and a good way to reduce your
insurance cost. I'm not worried about the fender bender, I'll either fix
it myself or the other guys insurance will pay for it. I'm worried about
theft( its totally gone) and fire(its totally gone). Its the
catastrophic loss where there's nothing to rebuild that needs insured in
my opinion.

Scott