REFLECTOR: Gear leg stress

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu May 11 16:40:21 CDT 2006

I do the same but out near the end of the wing.   Definitely harder to do with lots of fuel but I can get the wheel off the ground.

I know of one FG Velocity that had to have new gear legs installed due to sagging.  His prop was getting uncomfortably close to the ground.  It was blamed on the gear legs being painted dark blue, and parking in the hot sun.  But the gear legs didn't get the mid day sun, just late after noon which isn't that intense.

But he also didn't spend a lot of time relieving the "stress".

Ron
173 Elite RG IO 360