REFLECTOR: New Collection and Control Hardware

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Thu May 4 08:22:33 CDT 2006

Brian- about the HDD- do you think no matter how rugged it is it might crash
without sufficient (designed for) air pressure to float the heads- that has
been my concern, not random failure, but head crash. Although, I suppose
that airliners pressurize to 8000 feet or something, so they work at that
altitude anyway, just with a turbo, I plan to get up as high as possible,
and will probably have trouble with the disk.
 Have spoken to some Linux guys, no one seems to be able to help really, and
the E-mon program will not work with Linux either, nor can I find any sort
of alternate industrial monitoring app written in Linux so I guess I am back
to trying to get XP on the CF card..... somehow, I was under the impression,
that Linux would run XP programs, maybe that was W98 programs......