REFLECTOR: Marking Requirements

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Tue May 2 20:51:19 CDT 2006

Lon Hoskins just had his bought off by the FAA, last week.  He has a Blue
Mountain with a couple of backups.  The fellow from the FAA thought his
plane was great.  Lon put his data plate inside the left hand gear well.  We
use liquid nail to install them.  It works great.  But if you can install it
with rivets go for it.  My small plate is on the bottom of my left winglet
and is held on with the liquid nail as well. They are interested in the
markings and required items and they can tell if you did a good job or not.
An EAA tech advisor inspection sign off helps a lot.  As well as an A&P
condition inspection sign off.