REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Mystery

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Mar 28 17:41:15 CST 2006

OK, here's what I found.  I think the problem is in the relay.  It looks
like the relay is home made (see pic).  Two pitch trim wires come from
the stick.  When neither trim button is pressed, both wires are +12V.
The two wires going to the motor are both 0V.  When one button is
pressed, (and the trim is working properly) one of the wires from the
stick goes to 0V and one of the wires to the motor goes to +12V.  When
the up trim fails, the wires from the stick have the same voltage as
when the trim is working, but the wires to the motor are both +12V.
Whether working or not, the relay clicks when either trim button is
pressed.
So now I need to know what I can use to replace this relay.  I have a
MAC-7 stick grip.

Thanks,
John