REFLECTOR: Velo Convention

Greg Poole gpoole at zeta.org.au
Mon Mar 27 15:30:44 CST 2006

Hey Milt and Phil,

Having viewed this morning's AVflash, I'm left wondering if the Doers or JP
Brooks (you got your ears on there folks?) are bringing their demo aircraft
to our little meeting in Texas?  For someone who has yet to see a DeltaHawk
run, I sure would like to take a look and listen!

Greg in Sydney.

The American Diesel, Still Struggling For Air

DeltaHawk <http://www.deltahawkengines.com/> , a small company based in
Racine, Wis., has been working for about a decade to develop a diesel engine
for GA aircraft -- the only such engines being built in the U.S., the
company says. The engine first flew back in May 2003 in a Velocity RG, and
since then has been making the rounds of trade shows as R&D continues. A few
of the 200-hp engines have been built for experimental aircraft, but the
company says it is still at least 18 months away from having an
FAA-certified engine, and money problems are slowing down the process. With
a little luck, the company hopes to sell more than 3,600 of the engines in
2010. The company will be exhibiting its technology at Sun 'n Fun
<http://www.sun-n-fun.org/content/> , coming up in Lakeland, Fla., April
4-10. If you can't be there to check them out yourself, be sure to watch for
AVweb's special online coverage, coming to your inbox on Monday, Wednesday
and Friday that week.