REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Mystery

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Mar 23 16:06:59 CST 2006

Just looked for the relay.  One problem is that when the plane has sat
for a day, the trim works fine.  Both up and down trim show over 12V
across the wires going to the trim motor.  There is a small circuit
board mounted inside the keel just behind the stick and it looks like
some wires from the stick go there.  Also the wires going to the trim
motor are white and all wires from the stick are various non-white
colors and it looks like the white wires come from the circuit board.
Hard to see in there.  Is the circuit board a relay?

John