REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Mystery

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Mar 23 12:41:04 CST 2006

In a message dated 3/23/2006 9:20:33 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
tmartino at troubleshooter.com writes:

Question:  Is there an easy way to connect a  relay (up near the trim
actuator) where it is easy to get to the wire  leads?  My logic says “yes” … but  I
want to hear from those who have  retrofitted/

It is a piece of cake.  Your hat switch can operate the relay/s from  it's
existing output (either + or -).  The relay could even be velcroed in  place on
top of the canard with a two pin connector to connect the hat switch to  the
relay for canard removal.  There are a bizillion ways to do it.  I  don't think
this is a "retro fit" as common wiring practices should dictate if  the load
requires a relay or not.  I don't think that any hat switch has  the
rating/load cycles that will handle the job in the long run.  I don't  have it on hand,
but there is a "braking" relay diagram around for the pitch  trim that stops
the over run that should spell it out for you.  Maybe  someone else could
provide it as it has been posted before.

TEC