REFLECTOR: Tire (OZ...= tyre) wear

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Mar 14 07:07:47 CST 2006

I have a copy of the Aviation Consumer file (PDF) that I can email (1.8mb)
for anyone that wants a copy.

The key is that the tires are close to the same diameter, however the tread
profile is important in that the Condors are rounded, the retread and
Goodyear's are more squared off.  This squared off edge will hang in the
gear well if you built using the Condors as a pattern and cut it too close.

Re how frequently to adjust the toe in, just measure the tread depths and
watch what is being worn off every 50 hours or so.  Then adjust shims as
needed to even the wear out.  Rotating the tires is a necessary procedure on
the RV's as well.

Ronnie