Fw: REFLECTOR: Aircraft Condition Notice

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Thu Mar 9 15:16:42 CST 2006

MMurp16900 at aol.com wrote:
> Par. 19 Order 8130.2E i.e. major changes has been changed several
> times. I think if we like the way the limitation are written we are
> grand fathered in.If you don't like PAR. 19 more than likely the FAA
> will rewrite it.

Mack,

The paragraph in our Operating Limitions regarding "Major Changes" isn't
grandfathered in.  Its permanent, period, Unless you have New Operating
Limitions issued for your airplane.  And then once again the new OL is
permanent. There is nothing to grandfather.  It also has nothing to do
with your liking them are or not.  You must follow your OL's regardless
of your likes. Now if you don't like them you may be able to get them
reissued in a wording more to your liking, then again you might like
your current wording more than what you can get now?

I think the confusion was on what 8130.2e is.  Its not the rule for all
owners of homebuilts, its the FAA's suggestion to inspectors on how to
write Operating Limitations for newly certified homebuilts.

The point is every homebuilt has "ITS" Operating Limitations and we all
must follow our particular ones.  Thats the law.

Scott