REFLECTOR: Aluminum Tubing for Brakes

Grigore Rosu grosu at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 8 07:42:44 CST 2006

Ronnie,

Thanks for the picture.  So, if I understand correctly, you used the
standard nylaflow all the way as suggested in the manual, except that you
used the nylon conduit instead of the suggested drinking straws on the
leg down and except that you replaced the last 8" by an equivalent in size
aluminum tube.

I'm not a mechanic and really don't know how much vibration one really
gets in the leg, but I feel it natural to ask whether the additional
brass tube fitting connecting the aluminum and the nylaflow may be
affected by the vibration provoked by the wheel during landing ...
Wouldn't it be also a possibility to use aluminum tubing all the way on
the leg and put the brass fitting closer to the fuselage?  Is it a matter
of price?  I mean, is this aluminum tubing expensive?  BTW, where can we
get aluminum tubing from to replace the nylaflow?

Grigore