REFLECTOR: Seat mod for use with YOKES

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 6 10:53:31 CST 2006

Chris,
This comment does not specifically deal with yokes but rather general
thoughts about knee-room.
My (vintage about 1993,  173 RG) was built by a shorter (than I am)
individual and while the knee-room may have been ok for him, it is rather
tight for me (6 ft, slim).  There is about a one inch clearance from my knee
to the bottom edge of the panel.  In significant turbulance, my knees will
contact the panel.  The seat cushions are rather thick and I have been
considering maybe gaining some extra knee-room by changing the thickness of
the seat back.
The point of this post is to suggest that when you are sitting in the seat
trying to decide on placement, angle, etc (while making appropriate airplane
sounds), that you consider where your body will shift to during turbulance
encounters.

Sid Knox
Oklahoma