REFLECTOR: Wing Delamination question

Jeffrey Clough jclough at gci.net
Sun Mar 5 13:53:22 CST 2006

Is this a good idea?  Won't sanding/recontouring be removing the
fiberglass layup?  Won't pure epoxy 'eat' blue foam? (Do fastbuild wings
have foam cores?)  I think I would warm the blister with a heatgun first
to soften the fiberglass then I would inject (through a short large bore
needle...18 guage or 16 guage) a slurry of warmed (to make it easier to
inject and to keep the layup warm) microbubbles/epoxy then lay some
plastic on the area (saran wrap or equiv) then weight it down with a
warmed board and weights/sandbags some of the material will come
squishing out of your bottom edge holes....cover the area with duct tape
to aid in clean up.....
Anyone else?
Jeff Clough