REFLECTOR: panel screws

John Tvedte JohnT at comp-sol.com
Sat Mar 4 10:43:50 CST 2006

I'd leave it for later -

John

	-----Original Message-----
	From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Grigore Rosu
	Sent: Sat 3/4/2006 10:34 AM
	To: reflector at tvbf.org
	Subject: REFLECTOR: panel screws

	I'm sure this issue must have been discussed on the list, but perhaps
	before I joined.

	I just finished sanding my panel to fit and now I'm right about to drill
	the 8 (4 on each side) holes to fix it.  However, I realized that the
	manual does not suggest any particular screws and/or hardware for that,
	nor whether we should countersink for the screws or not, nor whether we
	should rivet the nuts or not.  All in all, I don't know how to proceed
	here.  It looks like the manual specifically did not want to set any rigid
	guidelines here, perhaps because of the multitude of possibilities ...

	Also, the manual highlights that many builders make a small, removable
	insert in the panel for the throtle mixture and prop controls.  How
	necessary is this?  Is it really worthwhile cutting my panel now, at the
	begining of my bulding process, without even knowing what engine I'll put
	on my airplane (at this moment I intend to put a DH engine) and without
	having any serious experience in building?  If it is not a necessity, but
	rather a matter of convenience, I'd prefer not to cut my panel.

	Thanks,
	Grigore