REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Fri Mar 3 08:38:14 CST 2006

Oh, and another one:

On RG's: Don't put the emergency gear extension valve on the right side of
the keel.  Too hard to reach from the pilot's seat with the should belts in
place.  The left side would be much easier to reach.

I also wore my valve out during construction.  It started leaking internally
not long after first flight.  What I would do is raise the gear with the
pump, then lower it slowly to certain positions so I could work on the gear.
This resulted in the valve leaking through which led to the pump running
about every few seconds when on the ground.  I could open and close the
valve and it would improve the situation but only temporarily.  So, be
careful opening/cracking the valve with pressure on the system.

Ronnie