REFLECTOR: Dream Panel, Satellite Weather & ADS-B

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 2 18:25:35 CST 2006

I have read that one of the objectives with the ADS-B system is to not only
provide TIS info to ADS-B receivers but also weather and perhaps ATC
instructions in text.  The ADS-B weather is supposed to be free.  But it
like most stuff that FAA studies, is at best, YEARS away!!!

Perhaps we need to get AOPA hopping down FAA and Congress's throats now that
FAA is saying they don't have enough money to continue expanding the
services they provide to meet the additional expected increases in traffic
from the airlines and Very Light Jets.

Judging from the number of spam cans for sale at the local FBO (3-4 times
the number of ads normally on the bulletin board), it sounds like a lot of
people will be moving to sport planes.  That should make ATC happy!

Ronnie